Sunday, August 31, 2008

Dragon*Con 2008

There will be a few Dragon*Con posts forthcoming... here's the first:

Dragon*Con in Atlanta, GA was my first opportunity to "troop" with a good majority of 501st members from all over and to march in the parade. So I brought my gear to downtown Atlanta on Saturday morning, August 30, suited up and joined the Parade.


We gathered at Woodruff Park at around 9 am, mingled and met with local Garrison mates and with folks from all over. The weather was real nice and clear. There were 12 Biker Scouts marching and we all kinda hung out together. 10 am rolled around and the parade started. We were lined up behind the TK's and in front of the Snowy's. The 501st always goes last so we finally rolled out close 10:30. And I couldn't believe the crowds and the cheers! It was amazing! We marched 2 by 2 down Peachtree Street waving and posing for photos.


It was nice because we were in shade between the high rise buildings for most of the route. But somewhere around the midde we were marching in the direct sun for a good 10 minutes. And I started to feel a little light-headed. Oh crap! I was going to be that guy! That guy on the news who passes out in the parade. Damn.... I don't want to be that guy. Well, all ended up being OK. We got back to the shade and we stayed in the shade for the rest of the march. Phew! I made it to the end, we all got free bottles of water, and we were a success!


Attending:

Steve - TB 2719
The rest would be too numerous to list, plus I have no idea!

No comments: